Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Marketing
This four-year undergraduate programme requires students to complete a total of 128 units, including 39 units of Major Core Courses, 21 units of Major Required Courses, 30 units of Major Elective Courses and 38 units of General Education courses.
Students with AD/HD qualifications will normally be admitted directly into the third year of study to complete the 66-unit programme in two years. In this connection, students are required to complete 15 units of Major Core Courses, 21 units of Major Required Courses as well as 30 units of Major Elective Courses.
Major Core Courses (39 units)
o Business Communications for Marketing
o Strategic Management
o Financial Management for Marketing Professionals
o Legal Aspects of Marketing
o BCom Marketing Project
o Principles of Accounting I #
o Cost and Management Accounting I #
o Principles of Microeconomics #
o Principles of Macroeconomics #
o Organisational Behaviour #
o Information Systems for Marketing Decisions #
o Marketing Management #
o Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility #
# Students should have taken these 8 Major Core Courses as programme pre-requisite courses in their AD/HD studies.
Major Required Courses (21 units)
o Business and Marketing Research Methods
o Qualitative Marketing Research
o Global Marketing
o Consumer Behaviour
o Socially Responsible Marketing
o Entrepreneurial Marketing
o Strategic Marketing
Major Elective Courses (30 units)
o Entrepreneurship and New Ventures
o Applied Social Psychology in Organisations
o International Business: Market, Operations and Strategies
o Marketing Practicum
o Services Marketing
o Integrated Marketing Communications
o Customer Relationship Management
o Brand Management
o Sales Management
o Business to Business Marketing
o Event Marketing
o Marketing in China
o Marketing for Social Enterprise
o Seminar in Contemporary Marketing Issues
o BCom MKT Field Study
o Marketing Internship
o Case Analysis for Marketing Decision Making
General Education (38 units)
The General Education (GE) Programme provides the foundation of a well-rounded university education by promoting Whole Person Education. The 38 units required under the GE requirements are divided into two categories - Core Requirements and Distribution Requirements.
· Core Requirements (26 units)
Information Management Technology
History and Civilization
Values and the Meaning of Life
· Distribution Requirements (12 units)
Communication / Visual Arts
Science / Chinese Medicine
- The number of courses/units the students are required to complete will depend on the number of courses/units for which exemption and/or unit transfer will be granted. All unit transfer or course exemption shall be considered on a case-by-case basis upon admission. Students are required to complete all programme pre-requisites and GE courses to meet the graduation requirements.
- Exempted courses equivalent to 38 units of GE courses will be considered by the Programme on a case-by-case basis.
- Make-up courses may be required on admission.
- The University reserves the right to make changes to these courses without prior notice.