Our Vision and Mission
Vision, Mission, Values
Since 1956, HKBU has provided innovative business education to students from across the globe. At HKBU’s School of Business, we seek to inspire good business practice, create values for stakeholders, and enhance social and economic growth and development through our research on corporate sustainability issues encompassing areas of business ethics, corporate social responsibility and corporate governance.
"The Now", "The Why" and "The How" of the School can be summarized as follows:
We aspire to be a leader in whole-person business education and a centre of excellence in business research in selected strategic areas in order to inspire business practice, create value for stakeholders, and enhance social and economic growth and development.
Through internationally recognised business education programmes and research achievements, our School seeks to nurture ethical business leaders with global vision, who make a difference to the organisations, industries and communities that they serve, in Hong Kong, Mainland China and the global community.
In keeping with this mission, we strive to:
- cultivate and encourage our students’ academic curiosity and integrity, unleash their leadership potential, and prepare the ground for them to become all-round, values-conscious business graduates through our high-quality and well-balanced curriculum;
- excel as a leading institution in selected strategic research areas to advance and disseminate business knowledge as well as enhance teaching quality;
- be one of the region’s most visible and influential business schools in terms of corporate advisory and public policy impact;
- be a globally engaged business school that embraces faculty and student diversity in an increasingly interdependent and connected world;
- encourage our staff and alumni to commit to nurturing business leaders and professionals with a dual emphasis on knowledge enhancement and business development;
- foster collegiality within the School by adopting a participative governance structure that facilitates wide and frequent interactions among those who learn, teach and work at the School.
- Global Perspectives
- Social Responsibility