Associate Professor, Department of Accountancy and Law
Head, Department of Accountancy and Law; Programme Director, MBA/MScBM
BBA Hons, MBA Missouri, PhD CUHK, MSc PolyU, LLM CUHK, FCCA, CPA, CCP, HKREP
Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance
- Chan, S., Xue, E., & Young, A. (2017). Case Note: Re Yung Kee Holdings Ltd. International Company and Commercial Law Review, 28(7), 265-269.
- Chan, S., & Young, A. (2017). Corporate Rescue Reform: Lessons Hong Kong Can Learn from Singapore? International Corporate Rescue, 14(5), 347-350.
- Chan, S., Ho, Danny C. K., & Young, A. (in press). Perceptions about the Role of the Company Secretary in Hong Kong: From Creature of the Law to Independent Professionals? Company Lawyer.
- Chan, R., Kwan, V., & Young, A. (2017). Publicly Listed Business Trust in Hong Kong: In Need of a Regulatory Roadmap? Compliance and Regulatory Journal, 9, 302-307.
- McCalman, J., Young, A. L., & Chan, R. S. (2017). Regulating the Culture of Banks in the United Kingdom: Strengthening legal accountability or just better leadership. Journal of International Banking Law & Regulation, 32(6), 260-6.
- Chan, S., & Young, A. (2016). Lack of regulatory safeguards for financial consumers in China: Deficiencies in the Chinese Consumer Law. Journal of International Banking Law & Regulation, 31(7), 369 - 375.
- Chan, R., & Young, A. (2015). Chinese Customary Trusts in Hong Kong: A League of their Own. Trusts & Trustees, 21(5), 530 - 537.
- Chan, R., & Ho, J. (2015). Could Complying China's Secrecy Laws Be an Excuse for Auditors Not to Provide Their Working Papers of Auditing Chinese Companies? Recent Cases in Hong Kong and the United States. King's Law Journal, 26(1), 99 - 128.
- Chan, R., & Young, A. (2015). Gaps in the regulation of traditional Chinese and modern business trusts in Hong Kong: the need for legislative reforms. Company Lawyer, 36(5), 151-155.
- Chan, R., & Ho, J. (2014). Disclosure of Directors' Personal Information in Hong Kong. Common Law World Review, 43(4), 279-297.
- Ko, A., & Chan, R. (2014). How ownership structures affect the relations between product market competition, and pay-performance sensitivity. Journal of Accounting, Finance and Economics, 4(1), 53-67.
- Chan, R., & Ho, J. (2014). Inside Information Disclosure Regime in Hong Kong, from Listing Rules to Securities Law: A Comparison with Australia. Company Lawyer, 35(7), 215-223.
- Chan, R., Ho, D., & Young, A. (2014). Rethinking the relevance or irrelevance of directors' duties in China: The intersection between culture and laws. Asian Journal of Law and Society, 1(1), 183 - 203.
- Chan, R., Kwan, V., & Young, A. (2014). Should Hong Kong Follow the Experience of Singapore in Developing Its Business Trust Regime? International Company and Commercial Law Review, 25(9), 302-308.
- Chan, R., & Ho, J. (2014). Should Listed Companies Be Allowed to Adopt Dual-Class Share Structure in Hong Kong? Common Law World Review, 43(2), 155-182.