Professor, Department of Management
Head, Department of Management; RPg Programme Director (MPhil & PhD); Associate Director, CHRSD
Leadership, power, proactive and abnormal work behavior, employee well-being, cross-cultural psychology, and management issues in China
- Tang, Y., Huang, X., & Wang, Y. (2017). Good marriage at home, creativity at work: Family–work enrichment effect on workplace creativity. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 38(5), 749-766.
- *Ouyang, K., *Xu, E., Huang, X., Liu, W., & Tang, Y. (in press). Reaching the limits of reciprocity in favor exchange: The effects of generous, stingy, and matched favor giving on social status.(* equal contributions). Journal of Applied Psychology.
- He, W., Zhou, R., Long, L., Huang, X., & Hao, P. (2017). Self-Sacrificial Leadership and Followers' Affiliative and Challenging Citizenship Behaviors: A Relational Self-Concept Based Study in China. Management and Organization Review, 1-29.
- Deng, H., Leung, K., Lam, Catherine K., & Huang, X. (2017). Slacking Off in Comfort A Dual-Pathway Model for Psychological Safety Climate. Journal of Management, 20(10), 1-31.
- Lam, C. K., Walter, F., & Huang, X. (2017). Supervisors' Emotional Exhaustion and Abusive Supervision: The Moderating Roles of Perceived Subordinate Performance and Supervisor Self-Monitoring. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 38(8), 1151-1166.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., & Robinson, Sandra L. (2017). When self-view is at stake: Responses to ostracism through the lens of self-verification theory. Journal of Management, 43(7), 1-22.
- Lam, Catherine K., Huang, X., Walter, F., & Chan, Simon C. H. (2016). Coworkers' Relationship Quality and Interpersonal Emotions in Team-Member Dyads in China: the Moderating Role of Cooperative Team Goals. Management and Organization Review, 12(4), 687-716.
- Lu, Q., Huang, X., & Bond, M. H. (2016). Culture and the working life: Predicting the relative centrality of work across life domains for employed persons. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 47(2), 277-293.
- Walter, F., Lam, Catherine K., van der Vegt, Gerben S., Huang, X., & Miao, Q. (2015). Abusive supervision and subordinate performance: Instrumentality considerations in the emergence and consequences of abusive supervision. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(4), 1056-1072.
- Chen, L., Hsieh, J., van de Vliert, E., & Huang, X. (2015). Cross-national differences in individual knowledge seeking patterns: A climate-economic contextualization. European Journal of Information Systems, 24(3), 314-336.
- Liu, W., Tangirala, S., Lam, W., Chen, Z., Jia, R., Huang, X (2015). How and When Peers' Positive Mood Influences Employees' Voice. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(3), 976 - 989.
- Lam, Catherine K., Huang, X., & Chan, Simon C.H. (2015). The threshold effect of participative leadership and the role of leader information sharing. Academy of Management Journal, 58(3), 836-855.
- Huang, X., Xu, E., Chiu, W., Lam, Catherine K., & Farh, J. (2015). When authoritarian leaders outperform transformational leaders: Firm performance in harsh economic environments. Academy of Management Discoveries, 1(2), 180-200.
- Zhang, Y., Long, L., Wu, T., & Huang, X. (2015). When is pay for performance related to employee creativity in the Chinese context? The role of guanxi HRM practice, trust in management, and intrinsic motivation. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 36(5), 698-719.
- Tjosvold, D., Chen, N., Huang, X., & Xu, D. (2014). Developing cooperative teams to support individual performance and well-being in a call center in China. Group Decision and Negotiation, 23(2), 325-348.