Professor, Department of Management
Head, Department of Management; RPg Programme Director (MPhil & PhD); Associate Director, CHRSD
Leadership, power, proactive and abnormal work behavior, employee well-being, cross-cultural psychology, and management issues in China
- Huang, X., Hsieh, J., & He, W. (2014). Expertise dissimilarity and creativity: The Contingent roles of tacit and explicit knowledge sharing. Journal of Applied Psychology, 99(5), 816-830.
- Miao, Q., Newman, A., & Huang, X. (2014). The impact of participative leadership on job performance and organizational citizenship behavior: Distinguishing between the mediating effects of affective and cognitive trust. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 25(20), 2796-2810.
- Tjosvold, D., Chen, N., Huang, X., & Xu, D. (2014). Developing cooperative teams to support individual performance and well-being in a call center in China. Group Decision and Negotiation, 23(2), 325-348.
- Tse, H., Lam, Catherine K., Lawrence, Sandra A., & Huang, X. (2013). When my supervisor dislike you more than me: The effect of dissimilarity in leader-member exchange on coworkers' interpersonal emotion and perceived help. Journal of Applied Psychology, 98(6), 974-998.
- Chan, Simon C.H., Huang, X., Snape, E., & Lam, Catherine K. (2013). The Janus face of paternalistic leaders: Authoritarianism, benevolence, subordinates' organization-based self-esteem, and performance. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 34(1), 108-128.
- Tse, H.M. H., Huang, X., & Lam, W. (2013). Why does transformational leadership matter for employee turnover? A multi-foci social exchange perspective. Leadership Quarterly, 24(5), 763-776.
- Wu, M., Huang, X., Li, C., & Liu, W. (2012). Perceived Interactional Justice and Trust-in-supervisor as Mediators for Paternalistic Leadership. Management and Organization Review, 8, 97-121.
- Huang, X. (2012). Helplessness empowerment: The Joint Effect of Participative leadership and controllability attributional style on empowerment and performance. Human Relations, 65(3), 313-334.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., Lam, Catherine K., & Miao, Q. (2012). Abusive supervision and works behaviors: The mediating role of LMX. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 33(4), 531-545.
- Lam, Rico Long W., Huang, X., & Lau, Dora C. (2012). Leadership research in Asia: Taking the road less traveled. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 29(2), 195-204.
- Cho, V., & Huang, X. (2012). Professional commitment, organizational commitment, and the intention to leave for professional advancement: An empirical study on IT professionals. Information Technology & People, 25(1), 31-54.
- Wu, M., Huang, X., & Chan, Simon C. H. (2012). The influencing mechanisms of paternalistic leadership in Mainland China. Asia Pacific Business Review, 18(4), 631-648.
- Lam, Catherine K., Van der Vegt, Gerben S., Walter, F., & Huang, X. (2011). Harming high performers: A social comparison perspective on interpersonal harming in work teams. Journal of Applied Psychology, 96(3), 588-601.
- Chen, N., Tjosvold, D., Huang, X., & Xu, D. (2011). New Manager Socialization and Conflict Management in China: Effects of Relationship and Open Conflict Values. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 41(2), 332-356.
- Chen, N., Tjosvold, D., Huang, X., & Xu, D. (2011). Newcomers Socialization in China: Effects of Organizational Values and Goal Interdependence. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 22(16), 3317-3337.