Overseas Summer Programmes for Taught Postgraduate Students
Enriching Students’ Global Perspective
To live up to our motto of Nurturing Ethical Leaders with Global Vision, the School of Business has been encouraging our students to experience the world via a prolonged summer programme. While this aligns with our mission, employers in Hong Kong reflect to us in various occasions that they see enhanced competitiveness in graduates with overseas experience. To offer more chances and exposure, the School consolidated the following summer programmes for our 2018/2019 cohort of Taught Postgraduate students.
Application Deadline: 22 February 2019
Summer Programmes 2019 for Business Postgraduate Students
Term 1: 2 – 19 July 2019 | Term 2: 22 July – 9 August 2019
Some courses may have other teaching dates, please refer to the details listed under individual course page.
Approx. €860 for course of 5 ECTS or Approx. €1,720 for course of 10 ECTS
Click here for exact course fee for each course
Approx. €500 for 4-week or Approx. €700 for 6-week accommodation (AU Housing service refers to do their best to provide affordable and convenient housing for all participants in which they have succeeded all previous years.)
A broad variety of courses within the fields of: Management, Economics and Business Economics, Business Development and Technology, Law, Culture and Society, Communication and Culture, Computer Science, Engineering, Bioscience, Agroecology, Food Science, Psychological Sciences, Political Science, Health and Biomedicine
Click here for course list 2019
Photos from Aarhus University's website/social media
4 – 28 June 2019
€2,300 of the entire programme with two modules
Fee does not include accommodation, transportation, meals or personal expenses. And, some extra curriculum activities may require extra payment.
10 ECTS for the entire programme with two modules, 5 ECTS for each module
Housing aids are possible for on-campus accommodation. A few off-campus accommodation online search engines/platforms recommended by the School.
- Module 1: European Business Environment (4 – 14 June 2019)
- European Business System
- European Economic Integration
- European Competition Law
- European Social Responsibility
- European Corporate Governance
- Module 2: Entrepreneurship: Global Issues & Local Opportunities (18 – 28 June 2019)
- Independent start-up
- International Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship in Europe and abroad
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Opportunity discovery and identification
Photos from emlyon business school's website/social media
ESSCA School of Management offers 2 options of 4-week summer programmes:
5 June – 4 July 2019 (4-week)
Angers and Paris, France | Brussels, Belgium
No need to pay tuition fees, but €2,300 per student for the organisational costs including accommodation (shared room for two), all field visits, transportation from Angers to Brussels and Brussels to Paris, local transport in Angers, Brussels and Paris
6 ECTS per course, maximum 12 ECTS
Individual studio or shared accommodation (double-room basis), with an option of additional costs of €450 to upgrade accommodation
Two courses will be offered:
- European Union Studies
- European Politics
- European Economics
- Brussels Field Seminar
- Culture and Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- French Culture
17 June – 14 July 2019 (4-week, exact dates to be confirmed)
No need to pay tuition fees, but extra costs including accommodation (around €500 per person for a shared accommodation), meals, public and airport transportation (around €100) and visa application (around €60)
6 ECTS per course, maximum 12 ECTS
Around €500 per person for a shared accommodation
Two options with two modules in each option:
- Option 1
- Human Centered Management and Leadership
- Economic and Business Opportunities between Europe and Asia
- Option 2
- International Marketing and Logistics
- Self Leadership (Personal and Role development)
Photos from ESSCA School of Management's website/social media
1 – 26 July 2019
€3,190 (or €2,650 without the French Language Course) for a combination of courses with 8 ECTS (approx. 3 to 4 to be chosen from 15 courses offer)
Fee includes academic transcripts in ECTS format, accommodation in single room, extracurricular activities etc.
Topic-based Courses: 8 ECTS, 76 contact hours
French Language Course (optional): 4 ECTS, 30 contact hours
A unique opportunity to build critical business skills and study firsthand the Global Business and Management approach
- 10% discount for students from the HKBU.
- If there is a group of 10 or more students being accepted to the Programme, Administration Fee of €200 will be waived for each student.
- Click here to view detailed course content
Photos from IESEG School of Management's website/social media
10 June – 19 July 2019 for Bordeaux and Marseille campuses
24 June – 5 July 2019 for Toulon campus
Bordeaux, Marseille or Toulo, France
€950 per course of 5 ECTS
€1,710 for a 2-week* or 10 ECTS package (* 10% reduction will be applied for those students following both courses in a package)
Above fees do not include housing, travel, personal expenses and insurance.
- Bordeaux campus
- Ténéo Apart-Hotel: €36 per person per night for shared twin-room or €57 per person per night for single room
- Student Residence Halls: €32 – €38 per person per night for single room
- Marseille campus
- One of the pre-booked “Apart-Hotels”: €30 per person per night for shared-room (Twin or Triple) or €48 per person per night for single room
- Toulo campus
- Student Residence: €200 per person per week (note: no A/C and limited reception service)
- Ibis Budget Hotel: approx. €70 per person per night
- Ibis Styles Hotel: approx. €90 per person per night
- Bordeaux campus - Package 1: Supply Chain Management & Design
- Course 1: Management of the Supply Chain (10 – 14 June 2019)
- Course 2: Design of the Supply Chain (17 – 21 June 2019)
- Bordeaux campus - Package 2: Value Creation & Innovation in Marketing
- Course 1: French Value Creation & Brand Management in Wine & Spirits (24 – 28 June 2019)
- Course 2: Innovation Management & Digital Applications (1 – 5 July 2019)
- Bordeaux campus - Package 3: Entrepreneurship
- Course 1: Entrepreneurial Business Model Design (8 – 12 July 2019)
- Course 2: Leadership & Communication Skills for Entrepreneurs (15 – 19 July 2019)
- Marseille campus - Package 1: Sports Marketing, Communication & Strategic Management
- Course 1: Strategic Management & Advanced Marketing for Sports Organisations (10 – 21 June 2019)
- Course 2: Sports Marketing & Communication (10 – 21 June 2019)
- Marseille campus - Package 2: Global Finance & International Business: A Mediterranean Perspective
- Course 1: Global Financial Regulations (24 June – 5 July 2019)
- Course 2: International Business: A Mediterranean Perspective (24 June – 5 July 2019)
- Marseille campus - Package 3: Ethical Business, Diversity Management & Driving Sustainable Change
- Course 1: Accelerating Change Towards Sustainability (8 – 19 July 2019)
- Course 2: Ethical Business Practices & Diversity Management (8 – 19 July 2019)
- Toulo campus - Package 1: Managing the Creative Process & Design Thinking
- Course 1: Managing the Creative Process (24 – 28 June 2019)
- Course 2: Design Thinking (1 – 4 July 2019)
Flexible on course arrangement that students can take just one course or as many as the total courses, or mix and match courses from KEDGE different Summer School packages, either in one campus or across different KEDGE campuses.
Photos from KEDGE Business School's website/social media
23 June or 30 June – 20 July 2019 (schedule varies among different courses)
- €1,940 per course of 9 ECTS, 100 contact hours
- €1,650 per course of 7 ECTS, 75 contact hours
- €1,350 per course of 6 ECTS, 70 contact hours
Fee includes application and service fee, tuition fee, accommodation and insurance.
- The European Union in a Global World (23 June – 20 July 2019, 9 ECTS)
- European Business and Economics Programme (23 June – 20 July 2019, 9 ECTS)
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management in Germany (30 June – 20 July 2019, 7 ECTS)
- Markets and Management in Europe (30 June – 20 July 2019, 7 ECTS)
- How Europe Works – Institutions and Law in the EU (30 June – 20 July 2019, 7 ECTS)
- German Language: For Beginners or Advanced Beginners (30 June – 20 July 2019, 6 ECTS)
Photos from Berlin School of Economics and Law's website/social media
Tentative summer term: 3 June – 20 July 2019
Tentative mandatory arrival date: 30 May 2019
Tuition fee will be waived for HKBU Students.
10 HKBU students
4 ECTS per course
The average cost per student in a double room is €300 per month and €500 for a single room. A security deposit of €500 is usually required.
LUISS Business School is working on the 2019-2020 programme’s timeline and course details, exact schedule and courses offering to be confirmed.
Photos from LUISS Business School's website/social media
26 June – 24 July 2019, with orientation on 25 June 2019
- 1,400,000 KRW for 1 course (approx. 1,245 USD)
- 2,400,000 KRW for 2~3 courses (approx. 2,135 USD)
Fee does not include housing and application fee of 100,000 KRW, approx. 90 USD.
Each ISS course is worth for 3 academic credits.
650,000 KRW (approx. 580 USD) for a shared room (A variety of accommodation options, including the regular SKKU dormitories, Daehangno dormitories and off-campus accommodation)
A broad variety of courses within the fields of: Business & Management, Economics, Social Science, Engineering & Computer Science, Data Science & Mathematics, Korean Language & Korean Studies.
Click here to download the syllabus of each course
Photos from Sungkyunkwan University's website/social media
During July and August, 3 sessions of 2-week courses will be provided:
- Session 1: 6 – 20 July 2019
- Session 2: 20 July – 3 August 2019
- Session 3: 3 – 17 August 2019
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tuition fee of €1,150 per two-week course (HKBU students will receive €250 discount, and €200 discount when applying for 2 courses, €300 when applying for 3 courses)
VU Amsterdam Summer School offers four different accommodation options (click here for more details)
Most courses are multi-disciplinary and are taught at various levels, from Bachelor to Master. The programme is suitable for graduate and undergraduate students as well as for PhD staff and professionals. (click here to view all summer courses in 2019).
Students can combine sessions to create a four to six-week study at VU Amsterdam, in which students can follow only one course per session.
Photos from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam's website/social media
24 June – 19 July 2019 (4-week)
The programme consists of visiting three different European countries:
- Rosenheim, Germany
- Zwolle, The Netherlands
- Barcelona, Spain
€1,500 for 3-week
Fee includes accommodations, tuition for workshops and excursions, while does not include expenses for travelling across 3 countries (Germany, The Netherlands and Spain), meals and take out adequate travel and insurance.
3 HKBU TPg Students
- Business Ethics (Germany): 5 ECTS
- Towards a Circular Economy (The Netherlands): 3 ECTS
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management (Spain): 3 ECTS
- Business Ethics (Germany): LHK Boarding House
- Towards a Circular Economy (The Netherlands): Sportcampus de Pelikaan
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management (Spain): RESA La Salle Campus BCN
- Business Ethics (Germany): 24 – 30 June 2019
- Ethical theories (utilitarianism, deontology and virtue ethics)
- Topics such as rights to privacy, conflicts of interest, insider trading, whistle-blowing, and the rights and duties of agents and fiduciaries
- Towards a Circular Economy (The Netherlands): 3 – 9 July 2019
- Transition towards circular supply chains
- Current trends: shared economy, blockchain
- Understanding financial and supply chain implications
- Business simulation game: the Blue connection
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management (Spain): 13 – 19 July 2019
- Understanding the entrepreneurial process
- Identifying, developing, assessing, and pitching new ideas
- Developing an awareness of the possibilities and limitations of different business models
Photos from Windesheim University of Applied Sciences' website/social media
Pace University Summer 2019 Custom Programme
7 - 27 July 2019
New York, USA
USD3,600 per person (extra costs on airfare, insurance and housing applied)
A total of 54 hours of two academic seminars delivered by the Lubin School of Business at Pace University
Student Halls at Pace University:
- Triple-bedded room: USD58 per person per night
- Twin-bedded room: USD68 per person per night
- Single room: USD86 per person per night
Academic Seminars Available
- Entrepreneurial Implementation (27 hours)
- Social Media in Marketing (27 hours)
- All HKBU Postgraduate Students and Alumni are welcome!
- Minimum number of participants per cohort is 15. The School of Business reserves the right to cancel this programme if the enrollment is below 15.
- Special application deadline of 25 February 2019 applied.
Photos from Pace University's website/social media
- Students should have attained a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 at the time of application for an exchange/summer programme.
- Qualified applicants may be required to attend a selection interview, which is to assess their motivation, suitability and communication skills.
For the students who are interested in the Summer Programme, please complete the online application form on or before 22 February 2019.
* For the students who would like to apply for the LUISS Business School – Graduate Exchange Programme (Italy), please complete the application on or before 21 January 2019.
# For those who would like to apply for the Pace University– Summer 2019 Custom Programme (USA), please complete the application on or before 25 February 2019.
For enquiries, please contact staff members of the Internationalisation and External Relations Section, School of Business, at 3411-7855 or by e-mail: email@example.com.