International Postgraduate Scholarships
Grasp the opportunity to embark on a life-changing journey in Asia’s world city, Hong Kong. Embrace the diversity of the city and unlock the doors to business connections in Mainland China by pursuing your postgraduate degree at the School of Business, Hong Kong Baptist University.
HKBU School of Business is dedicated to student success across the world. The International Postgraduate Scholarships are merit awards for international students with all-round excellence admitted to our full-time postgraduate programmes*.Enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful scholarship recipients will receive:
- Full tuition waiver
- Plus: HK$100,000 living allowance (approx. US$ 12,820)
*The Scholarships are Applicable to the Following Programmes:
- Master of Science in Business Management
- Master of Science in Applied Accounting & Finance
- Master of Science in Applied Economics
- Master of Science in Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Master of Accountancy
- International applicants with nationality outside of Greater China
- Applying to one of our applicable full-time (1 Year) taught postgraduate programmes
- Meeting the programme admission requirements
- Demonstrating competitive academic performance and/or professional experience
- Willingness to serve the School in its internationalisation development and student related projects for not more than 5 hours per week during the period of study
How to Apply
Students do not have to apply for the Scholarship. All eligible international applicants who have applied for our full-time taught postgraduate programmes will be automatically considered for the scholarship based on their academic achievements and professional experiences. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online admission interview. Please apply for the programmes via the HKBU Graduate School website.
(A non-refundable application fee of HKD450 applies)
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Students are strongly encouraged to apply early for priority consideration for the scholarships.
- Certificate(s) and Transcript(s) of all academic records
- Photocopies of English proficiency test result, if required by the programme
- Confidential recommendations from two referees
- Photocopies of passport or other identity documents
Application Timeline (Sep 2018 intake)
Late November 2017
Start of Application
February to May 2018
Candidates contacted for admission interview
Offer of admission
Student Visa Application
Programme orientation and start of 1st semester
* Different deadlines applicable to different programmes. Please check individual programme pages for up to date information.
A hub that connects the east and the west, Hong Kong is home to over 3,700 foreign companies with Asia-Pacific operations. With a current unemployment rate of 3.1%, Hong Kong is the perfect stage for anyone who aspires to embark on a career with the growing Asia and China market in mind.
Hong Kong government is also highly supportive in terms of policy for retaining foreign talents studying in Hong Kong, offering 12-month working visa in Hong Kong after graduation without condition. To learn more about the Immigration Arrangement for Non-local Graduates (IANG), please visit the Immigration Department website.
Further to that, the School also offers career guidance and training for our postgraduate students via the Career Services Section, which enable graduates to develop a successful career, be it in Hong Kong or elsewhere.
According to Hong Kong Immigration Department, all non-local students are required to obtain student visas for embarking on full-time academic programmes in Hong Kong.
- To apply, the following documents shall be prepared:
- Form ID995A completed and signed
- Photocopy of your identity card and/or travel documents
- One recent photo of yourself (affixed on form ID995A)
- Photocopy of admission offer letter
- Evidence of your financial standing, i.e. scholarship letters
- Photocopy of your travel document which is valid for at least six months beyond the intended stay in Hong Kong
- Photocopy of degree certificate(s) and graduate diploma (if applicable) for your studies at University
- Upload the documents to the Graduate School website
- Send the original form ID955A to Graduate School by post
- Graduate School will send the application to Immigration Department after checking
For details, please visit the Immigration Department website.
Programme offices will assist international students in locating suitable accommodation in Hong Kong. While most of our non-local students live in off-campus accommodation, applicants can also consider on-campus accommodation subjected to availability.
On-campus Student Residence
Located on campus, Dr. Ng Tor Tai International House provides a safe and tranquil residence environment for our postgraduate students. Space is limited.
Accommodation Fee (10-month package for taught postgraduate students):
For more information, please visit NTTIH website
University-managed Off-campus Hostel - Carlson Court:
Carlson Court is 10 minutes ride from the University by public transportation. Located in a town center Kowloon City with shops, restaurants, parks and sports fields nearby, it is easily accessible to other districts in Hong Kong. It provides 4-resident flat.
Accommodation Fee (11.5-month package for taught postgraduate students):
HKD47,310 (Rate of 2017/18)
Please click here for more details.
Other housing alternatives
Apart from the accommodations provided by the University, students may choose to rent private properties from the property market.
The rental for off-campus accommodation could be in the range of HK$8,000 - 15,000 a month depending on the size, location and type of accommodation.
Please visit our Student Accommodation Section website for more details.
I am in my final year of bachelor’s studies. Can I apply for the master’s programmes?
Yes, most programmes will consider your application as a final-year bachelor’s student. You would have to include the following documents with your application:
(1) Official transcript(s) of your studies so far
(2) Certificate of Student Status
If you have been admitted conditionally, you would have to present your full official transcript and graduation certificate after completing your bachelor’s degree.
Who is required to provide proof of English proficiency?
Applicant whose first degree was obtained from non-English medium institutions needs to provide related documentation.
How could I apply for the International Postgraduate Scholarships?
You do not have to apply for the Scholarships. All eligible international applicants who have applied for our full-time taught postgraduate programmes will be automatically considered for the scholarship, based on their all-round record and online scholarship interview performance.
What are the selection criteria of the International Postgraduate Scholarships?
- Outstanding academic performance
- Professional experience
- Competitive interview performance
- Excellent English proficiency
When will the application result of the scholarships release?
The result will be released along with the admission offer to the programme, which will be issued by May 2018.
Does the University offer other postgraduate scholarships for international applicants?
Yes, the School of Business offers a wide variety of programme-specific entrance and merit scholarships to international students to honour their outstanding achievements. Some of the scholarships offer allowances up to full tuition waiver. For details, please refer to the individual programme website below: