International Postgraduate Scholarships
Grab the opportunity to embark on a life-changing journey in Asia’s world city, Hong Kong. Embrace the diversity of the city and unlock the door to business connections in Mainland China by studying your postgraduate degree at the School of Business, Hong Kong Baptist University.APPLY NOW
International Postgraduate Scholarships 2017/18
In order to enhance student diversity and provide students with a global educational experience, HKBU School of Business is offering International Postgraduate Scholarships to outstanding international students who apply for our full-time taught postgraduate programmes*.
Students do not have to apply for the Scholarship. All eligible international applicants who apply for our programmes will be automatically considered for the scholarship based on their all-round record and an online scholarship interview. The University will select qualified students and inform the selected students of the scholarship awards in due course.
Successful scholarship recipients will get:
- Full tuition waiver
- Plus: HK$100,000 living allowance (approx. US$ 12,820)
*The Scholarships are Applicable to the Following Programmes:
- Master of Science in Business Management
- Master of Science in Applied Accounting & Finance
- Master of Science in Applied Economics
- Master of Accountancy
- International applicants with nationality outside of Greater China
- Applying to one of our applicable full-time (1 Year) taught postgraduate programmes
- Meeting the programme admission requirements
- Demonstrating competitive academic performance and/or professional experience
- Willingness to serve the School in its internationalisation and student related projects for not more than 5 hours per week during the period of study
How to Apply
Online application via the HKBU Graduate School
(A non-refundable application fee of HKD300 applies)
Required documents (via Mail):
- Certificate(s) and Transcript(s)
- Photocopies of English proficiency test result, if required by the programme
- Confidential recommendations from two referees
- Photocopies of passport or other identity documents
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online admission interview.
Application Timeline (Sep 2017 intake)
March to May
Candidates contacted for admission interview
Offer of admission
Student Visa Application
Programme orientation and start of 1st semester
* Different deadlines applicable to different programmes. Please check individual programme pages for up to date information.
A hub that connects the east and the west, Hong Kong is home to over 3,700 foreign companies with Asia-Pacific operations. With a current unemployment rate of 3.4%, Hong Kong is the perfect stage for anyone who aspires to embark on a career with the growing Asia and China market in mind.
Hong Kong government is also highly supportive in terms of policy for retaining foreign talents studying in Hong Kong, offering 12-month working visa in Hong Kong after graduation without other conditions. To learn more about the Immigration Arrangement for Non-local Graduates (IANG), please visit the Immigration Department website.
Further to that, the School also offers career guidance and training for our postgraduate students via our Career Service Section, to enable graduates to develop a successful career be it in Hong Kong or elsewhere.
According to Hong Kong Immigration Department, all non-local students require student visas for embarking on full time academic programmes in Hong Kong.
- To apply, the following documents shall be prepared:
- Form ID995A completed and signed
- Photocopy of your identity card and/or travel documents
- One recent photo of yourself (affixed on form ID995A)
- Photocopy of admission offer letter
- Evidence of your financial standing, i.e. scholarship letters
- Photocopy of your travel document which is valid for at least six months beyond the intended stay in Hong Kong
- Photocopy of degree certificate(s) and graduate diploma (if applicable) for your studies at University
- Upload the documents to the Graduate School website
- Send the original form ID955A to Graduate School by post
- Graduate School will send the application to Immigration Department after checking
For details, please visit the Immigration Department website.
Programme offices will assist international students in locating suitable accommodation in Hong Kong. While most of our non-local students live in off-campus accommodation, applicants can also consider on-campus accommodation subject to availability.
On-campus Student Residence
Located on the campus, Dr. Ng Tor Tai International House provides a safe and tranquil residence environment for our postgraduate students. Space is limited.
Accommodation Fee (10-month package for taught postgraduate students):
For more information, please visit NTTIH website
University-managed Off-campus Hostel - Carlson Court:
Carlson Court is 10 minutes ride from the University by public transportation. Located in a town center Kowloon City with shops, restaurants, parks and sports fields nearby, it is easily accessible to other districts in Hong Kong. It provides 4-resident flat.
Accommodation Fee (12-month package for taught postgraduate students):
HKD46,840 (Rate of 2016/17)
Please click here for details.
Other housing alternatives
Apart from the accommodations provided by the University, students may choose to rent private properties from the property market.
The rental for off-campus accommodation could be in the range of HK$8,000 - 15,000 a month depending on the size, location and type of accommodation.
You could utilise our Off-Campus Accommodation Searching Platform to get connected with fellow students who also need accommodation outside the campus.
Please visit Off-campus Accommodation Searching Platform for more information.