Master of Accountancy
Applicants seeking admission to the MAcc programme should be:
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized tertiary institution; or
- Holders of a qualification deemed to be equivalent.
- Applicants bear the responsibility to confirm with HKICPA that their Bachelor’s degrees are recognized in meeting the student registration requirements of the HKICPA QP before applying for admission to the MAcc programme.
- Expecting Bachelor’s degree holders who will acquire the requisite academic qualification before the programme commencement may also apply for admission.
- Both business and non-business degree holders must satisfy the Pre-core programme requirements prior to their completion of the MAcc programme. The Pre-core programme includes courses on Accounting, Economics, Information Systems, Management and Statistics. Applicants should have demonstrated in their official academic transcripts that they possess fundamental knowledge in these areas. Students may also satisfy the Pre-core programme requirements by taking equivalent courses in other recognized programmes. Participants with deficiencies in any of these courses must take, at their extra cost, the prescribed Pre-core courses (which are no credit-unit courses with pass/fail option) to satisfy the competency requirements for admission to the HKICPA QP.
Selection will be primarily judged on the basis of results in official academic transcripts and supporting documents. However, interviews may be arranged to further asses applicants' qualifications.