Master of Human Resources Management
1. Learning Goals
Upon completion of the MHRM Programme, participants will be able to:
- Complete people-management tasks, including selection, appraisal, disciplinary and grievance interviews, coaching, and counselling.
- Advise on the development, implementation, and evaluation of HR policies and procedures, based on an awareness of the organisational and cultural context and of ethical principles.
- Design, implement, and utilize employment-related surveys and research, such as employee opinion surveys, pay level surveys, and organisational exit surveys.
- Evaluate the operation of the HR function in an organisation and its contribution to organisational effectiveness.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills and analytical and critical thinking skills appropriate to a business professional.
2. Class Schedule
This programme is available on a part-time basis and is taught over weekends.
Classes will normally be scheduled on both Saturdays and Sundays, from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.
A typical course involves 5-days of class contact scheduled over 3 weekends.
Please CLICK HERE to view the current academic year's class schedule.
3. Assessment Methods
The assessment focuses on project-based learning. Each course requires the completion of individual and/or group projects. The nature and scope of the projects vary according to course and learner needs.
Assessment and grading of the courses are based on three main elements:
- Class Discussion and Participation
- Assignments and Projects
- Examinations and Tests
The relative weighting of each element varies according to course content and requirements.
4. Graduation Requirements
The awarding of the MHRM Degree is on the basis of fulfillment of the following graduation requirements and the approval of the Senate. A candidate should have:
- Completed an approved programme of study; and
- Submitted all coursework required; and
- Obtained a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50.
Overall cumulative G.P.A. of 3.67 or above, with no course grade below B- and no repeated courses.
Overall cumulative G.P.A. of 3.40 – 3.66, with no course grade below B- and no repeated courses.