Master of Science in Global Marketing Management (MScGMM) is a joint award taught postgraduate programme offered by the Department of Marketing, HKBU and the Management School of the University of Sheffield (the United Kingdom) on a one-year full-time study basis.
The programme is designed for relatively recent graduates in any discipline with interest in working in the marketing function for multinational organizations. It will also benefit those in general and line management, who seek a thorough education in the theories and practice of global marketing management. Applicants from all countries will be considered.
The curriculum is thoughtfully designed to completely embrace a global view with global case studies embedded in courses and the dissertation addressing the principles and practices of international marketing management. More importantly, by having students spend the first semester in the UK and the second semester in Hong Kong, the programme utilizes the synergies of having two partnering institutions located in different regions of the world – bringing global exposure to students.
By spending the first semester in the UK and the second semester in Hong Kong, students can experience firsthand the east and the west in one single year through global exposure.
World Class Learning Experience
A unique international cooperative opportunity for students to experience high quality learning and teaching that utilises the strengths of two research-led universities, which offer internationally recognised business and management programmes.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accreditation is very beneficial for graduates in this programme. Students registering on the programme automatically become Affiliate Post-Graduate Members of the CIM. On successful completion, students will be qualified for full membership of the Institute. Following further development, graduates from our MSc in Global Marketing Management will also be qualified for Chartered Marketer after three years' work experience and an additional 35 hours of personal development.
Opportunity to Work in Hong Kong
Non-Hong Kong graduates of the programme can apply to stay and work in Hong Kong for 12 months after graduation, no matter they have been secured an offer of employment or not.
The Programme aims to:
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills appropriate to commence an international career associated with marketing management.
- Develop students’ understanding of marketing theories and practices associated with global organizations in order to enable them to identify and critically evaluate the strategies adopted in meeting the challenges imposed by changing social, political and economic environments.
- Develop students’ understanding of the impact of contextual forces acting on businesses in the marketing discipline.
- Develop students’ understanding of and ability to conduct rigorous international related market research through independent study, leading to the submission of a dissertation.
- Provide students with a unique international opportunity to experience high-quality learning and teaching that will be delivered across two research-led universities, i.e., the University of Sheffield and HKBU, where they will interact with faculty and students from different cultures.
Exempted Course at Non-local Courses Registry, Education Bureau (Reference number: 452359/452445). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.