Our Vision and Mission
Since 1956, HKBU has provided innovative business education to students from across the globe. At HKBU’s School of Business, we seek to inspire good business practice, create values for stakeholders, and enhance social and economic growth and development through our research on corporate sustainability issues encompassing areas of business ethics, corporate social responsibility and corporate governance.
"The Now", "The Why" and "The How" of the School can be summarized as follows:
We aspire to be a leader in whole-person business education and a centre of excellence in business research in selected strategic areas, delivering academic excellence in a caring, creative and global culture.
Through internationally recognised business education programmes and research achievements, our School seeks to nurture ethical business leaders with global vision, who make a difference to the organisations, industries and communities that they serve, in Hong Kong, Mainland China and the global community.
In keeping with this mission, we strive to:
- deliver the best student experience by cultivating students’ integrity, creativity, communication, employability, and commitment to the common good of humankind, in so doing to develop all-rounded, values-conscious business graduates;
- produce world-class research in selected strategic research areas;
- solve problems for and with society, with social, corporate advisory and public policy impact;
- be a globally engaged business school that embraces faculty and student diversity in an increasingly interdependent and connected world;
- deliver academic excellence in a caring, creative and global culture; and
- sustain academic development through appropriate investments in people and facilities.
- Global Perspectives
- Social Responsibility