Chair Professor, Department of Management, Marketing and Information Systems
Associate Dean (Research & Impact), School of Business; Programme Director, DBA & MBA and MScBM; Director, CHRSD; Coordinator, BBA Strategic Retail Management & Innovation Concentration
Leadership, power, proactive and abnormal work behavior, employee well-being, cross-cultural psychology, and management issues in China
- Huang, X., Xu, E., Huang, L., & Liu, W. (2018). Nonlinear consequences of promotive and prohibitive voice for managers' responses: The roles of voice frequency and LMX. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103(10), 1101-1120.
- Xu, E., Huang, X., & Robinson, Sandra L. (2017). When self-view is at stake: Responses to ostracism through the lens of self-verification theory. Journal of Management, 43(7), 2281-2302.
- Lam, C. K., Walter, F., & Huang, X. (2017). Supervisors' emotional exhaustion and abusive supervision: The moderating roles of perceived subordinate performance and supervisor self‐monitoring. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 38(8), 1151-1166.
- Tang, Y., Huang, X., & Wang, Y. (2017). Good marriage at home, creativity at work: Family–work enrichment effect on workplace creativity. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 38(5), 749-766.
- Lu, Q., Huang, X., & Bond, M. H. (2016). Culture and the working life: Predicting the relative centrality of work across life domains for employed persons. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 47(2), 277-293.
- Lam, Catherine K., Huang, X., Walter, F., & Chan, Simon C. H. (2016). Coworkers' relationship quality and interpersonal emotions in team-member dyads in China: The moderating role of cooperative team goals. Management and Organization Review, 12(4), 687-716.
- Lam, Catherine K., Huang, X., & Chan, Simon C.H. (2015). The threshold effect of participative leadership and the role of leader information sharing. Academy of Management Journal, 58(3), 836-855.
- Zhang, Y., Long, L., Wu, T., & Huang, X. (2015). When is pay for performance related to employee creativity in the Chinese context? The role of guanxi HRM practice, trust in management, and intrinsic motivation. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 36(5), 698-719.
- Chen, L., Hsieh, J., Van de Vliert, E., & Huang, X. (2015). Cross-national differences in individual knowledge seeking patterns: A climate-economic contextualization. European Journal of Information Systems, 24(3), 314-336.
- Walter, F., Lam, Catherine K., van der Vegt, G., Huang, X., & Miao, Q. (2015). Abusive supervision and subordinate performance: Instrumentality considerations in the emergence and consequences of abusive supervision. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(4), 1056-1072.
- Liu, W., Tangirala, S., Lam, W., Chen, Z., Jia, R., Huang, X. (2015). How and when peers' positive mood influences employees' voice. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(3), 976 - 989.
- Huang, X., Xu, E., Chiu, W., Lam, Catherine K., & Farh, J. (2015). When authoritarian leaders outperform transformational leaders: Firm performance in a harsh economic environment. Academy of Management Discoveries, 1(2), 180-200.
- Huang, X., Hsieh, J., & He, W. (2014). Expertise dissimilarity and creativity: The contingent roles of tacit and explicit knowledge sharing. Journal of Applied Psychology, 99(5), 816-830.
- Miao, Q., Newman, A., & Huang, X. (2014). The impact of participative leadership on job performance and organizational citizenship behavior: Distinguishing between the mediating effects of affective and cognitive trust. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 25(20), 2796-2810.
- Tjosvold, D., Chen, N., Huang, X., & Xu, D. (2014). Developing cooperative teams to support individual performance and well-being in a call center in China. Group Decision and Negotiation, 23(2), 325-348.