Chair Professor, Department of Management, Marketing and Information Systems
Associate Dean (Research & Impact), School of Business; Programme Director, DBA & MBA and MScBM; Director, CHRSD; Coordinator, BBA Strategic Retail Management & Innovation Concentration
Leadership, power, proactive and abnormal work behavior, employee well-being, cross-cultural psychology, and management issues in China
- Chen, N., Tjosvold, D., Huang, X., & Xu, D. (2011). Newcomers Socialization in China: Effects of Organizational Values and Goal Interdependence. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 22(16), 3317-3337.
- Lam, Catherine K., Huang, X., & Janssen, O. (2010). Contextualizing emotional exhaustion and positive emotional display: The signaling effect of supervisors' emotional exhaustion and service climate. Journal of Applied Psychology, 95(2), 368-376.
- Lam, Catherine K., Huang, X., & Chiu, Warren C. K. (2010). Mind over body: The combined effect of objective body weight, perceived self body weight, and gender on illness-related absenteeism. Sex Roles, 63(3), 277-289.
- Janssen, O., Lam, Catherine K., & Huang, X. (2010). Emotional exhaustion and job performance: The moderating roles of distributive justice and positive affect. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 31(6), 787-809.
- Huang, X., Iun, J., Liu, A., & Gong, Y. (2010). Does participative leadership behavior enhance work performance by inducing empowerment or trust? The differential effects on subordinate managers and subordinate employees. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 31(1), 122-143.
- Huang, X., Chan, Simon C. H., Lam, W., & Lam, X. (2010). The joint effect of leader-member exchange and emotional intelligence on burnout and work performance in call centers in China. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 21(7), 1124-1144.