Career Development Opportunities
The University’s Career Centre helps undergraduate students prepare for their careers by offering a portfolio of non-academic career development programmes designed to enhance their professional prospects.
Our undergraduates also accelerate their career growth through the Business Executive Development Scheme, which is administered by BBA Programme Office. More tailor-made career enhancement workshops are designed coupled with the efforts of various undergraduate programme offices. Get the updates on their respective social media pages.
For employers seeking to offer professional opportunities to our business students, please contact us.
Visit CV and Interview Clinic
Students who have attended CV and mock interview workshops held by the Career Centre are entitled to the assistance of the CV and Interview Clinic services.
To enrol in a CV workshop, please submit your details through “CV Enhancement (1): Selling yourself with sound resume and covering letter” via the Career Centre Enrollment System
For Interview Clinic, please stay tuned with Career Centre. Registration details will be sent to students separately.
Hone Your Job Search Skills
We organise workshops designed to help you develop your job-hunting strategy, while also preparing your transit from being a student immersed in academia to become a professional in the field or organisation of your choice.
- How to develop a systematic approach to plan your career;
- To be aware of your strengths and weaknesses;
- To learn basic job-search skills, e.g. how to write application letters or resumes and prepare for job interviews;
- To learn universal business skills, e.g. interpersonal skills, social manners, management skills, professional image and code of conduct; and
- How to transit from an academic mindset to a professional mindset
Workshops / Practices on Simulated Situations
- Project management for your career
- Know and understand yourself
- Write professional application letters and resumes
- Learn interview techniques
- Effective Presentation Skills simulated employment written tests
- Cultivate an executive image
- Your first day at work
- Mock interviews
Network with Business Leaders & Employers
Connecting with senior professionals is the best way to learn about a profession. The Career Achiever’s Forum (CAF) brings together professionals from various industries and students interested in talking with such professionals. Through a series of small group and interactive CAF workshops and partnership between mentors and mentees, students learn about the skills needed for a particular profession, and gain a better understanding of the business operations related to the industry of their choice.
- To help students identify their career aspirations;
- To ensure students have the necessary skills for the career of their choice;
- To expand students’ professional connections and network; and
- To enhance students’ understandings of business operations
Join the Internship
Our internship programmes help you prepare for the realities of globalisation. By working locally and abroad, be it in Australia, Germany or the USA amongst many others, you have the opportunity to:
- Experience living and working in a different cultural environment;
- Enhance your language and communication skills;
- Broaden your understanding of different business operations through hands-on experience;
- Understand the meaning of quality assurance services at work; and
- Develop fundamental life skills such as self-confidence, sense of co-operation, and problem solving.
Work in Hong Kong
Students are strongly advised to read the guidelines carefully before taking up any study/curriculum related internships, summer internships and graduate opportunities in Hong Kong. Click here (Legal and School Guidelines for Talent Acquistion) to understand more.
Where Our Graduates Go
Our graduates are employed across different sectors and functions. To name a few, they include:
- Bloomberg L.P.
- Bank of China
- Cathay Pacific Airways Limited
- Dairy Farm Group
- Hang Seng Bank Limited
- ISS Facility Services Limited
- Jardine OneSolution (HK) Limited
- The HKSAR Government
Make good use of the technology and access to online communities where you can find readily available career information such as company backgrounds, industry trends, job openings, interview techniques, salary information and much more.
Start planning your career at an early stage. Gear yourself up by researching the target industries and dream companies via the links below.
It is the first global career portal to connect students, schools and companies worldwide. Students will have the possibility to create their own fully customised career portal, based on their educational track and interests. They can enjoy a free trial on psychometric career assessment tools such as numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning, etc.
Online psychometric tests are subscribed for students to assess their current competencies and get themselves familiar with the format of aptitude tests. These tests include verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, logical reasoning, inductive reasoning, and Assessment Centre exercises. For login details, please email us at email@example.com.