Students will develop knowledge of organisations, their management, and the global environment in which they operate.
Students will be analytical and critical thinkers and be able to solve business problems.
Students will have the fundamental knowledge in professional ethics and business and company law.
Students will have an understanding of the accounting theory and the latest developments in accounting practice.
The MAcc Programme requires the completion of 7 core courses (equivalent to 21 units) and 5 elective courses (equivalent to 15 units). In addition, all students must satisfy the pre-core programme requirements.
- ACCT7610 Advanced Financial Accounting
- ACCT7620 Auditing
- ACCT7630 Business and Company Law
- ACCT7640 Cost and Management Accounting
- ACCT7650 Financial Management
- ACCT7660 Taxation
- ACCT7860 Accounting Theory
- ACCT7510 Advanced Financial Reporting
- ACCT7520 Advanced Taxation
- ACCT7530 Contemporary Issues in Business Assurance
- ACCT7540 Corporate Financing
- ACCT7760 International Taxation
- ACCT7810 Securities Regulation
- ACCT7850 Contemporary Strategic Management Accounting Issues
Pre-core Programme Courses
- P.C.7001 Accounting
- P.C.7002 Economics
- P.C.7003 Information Systems
- P.C.7004 Management
- P.C.7005 Statistics
- P.C.7006 Marketing for Accountants
- P.C.7007 Intermediate Accounting
• Exemption of 10 modules from HKICPA New Qualification Programme
• Exemption of 9 papers from ACCA
• Fast-tracked to becoming CPA Australia associate member
• Exemption of 11 papers from CIMA
• Exemption of 12 papers from AIA