Message from the AAF Programme Director
Eight good reasons to study for a Master of Science in Applied Accounting and Finance at HKBU:
- Learn about money and finance in one of the world's leading international financial centers.
- The programme is the only master degree programme in Hong Kong that combines the best of both worlds in accounting and finance.
- The degree is accredited by several international professional bodies:
- Professional recognition and exemptions from three accounting associations in the United Kingdom and one from Australia;
- Professional recognition from a compliance association in Australia
(The first master degree programme in HK to be given professional recognition in compliance).
- New electives are introduced to enhance the skill sets and employability of our graduates in ‘Financial Technology’ and ‘Financial Regulations and Compliance’.
- Track records in nurturing future business leaders:
- Two students in this programme have been awarded CPA Australia Young Leaders (student ambassador) Award for 2018 in January;
- Two other students in this programme have been awarded GRCI Compliance Young Achievement Award for 2018 in April;
- Young Talent Scholarship has been introduced for 2018-19 intake to nurture a new generation of leaders in accounting and finance.
- Some of our students have internships with international accounting firms and financial services companies.
- The learning experience has been rated highly by our past and present students.
- The programme also provides flexibility with the options of completing the degree in one-year full-time mode (3 trimesters, 2 to 4 courses in each trimester) or one-and-a-half-year part-time mode (5 trimesters, 2 courses in each trimester).
Dr. Weiqiang Tan,
Programme Director, Master of Science in Applied Accounting and Finance,
Assistant Professor, Department of Finance and Decision Sciences,
Hong Kong Baptist University