Message from the AAF Programme Director
Eight good reasons to study for a Master of Science in Applied Accounting and Finance at HKBU:
- Learn about accounting and finance in one of the world's leading international financial centers.
- The programme is a unique master degree programme in Hong Kong that combines the best of both worlds in accounting and finance.
- The degree is accredited by several local and international professional bodies:
- Professional recognition and exemptions from the leading accounting association in Hong Kong and three others in the United Kingdom;
- Professional recognition from a compliance association in Hong Kong.
- New electives are introduced to enhance the skill sets and employability of our graduates in ‘Hong Kong and International Taxation’, ‘Commercial and Company Law’ and ‘Financial Technology’.
- Track records in nurturing future business leaders:
- Two students in this programme have been awarded CPA Australia Young Leaders (student ambassador) Award for 2018;
- Young Talent Scholarships have been introduced since the 2018-19 intake to nurture a new generation of leaders in accounting and finance.
- Some of our students have internships with international accounting firms and financial services companies.
- The learning experience has been rated highly by our past and present students.
- The programme also provides flexibility with the options of completing the degree in one-year full-time mode or one-and-a-half-year part-time mode.
Janet Kwan, MA, FCCA, CPA, ACIS
Programme Director, Master of Science in Applied Accounting and Finance,
Senior Lecturer, Department of Accountancy and Law,
Hong Kong Baptist University