Message from the AAF Programme Director
Eight good reasons to study for a Master of Science in Applied Accounting and Finance at HKBU:
- Learn about accounting and finance in one of the world's leading international financial centers.
- The programme is a unique master degree programme in Hong Kong that combines the best of both worlds in accounting and finance.
- The degree is accredited by several local and international professional bodies:
- Professional recognition and exemptions from the leading accounting association in Hong Kong and three others in the United Kingdom;
- Professional recognition from a compliance association in Australia
(The first master degree programme in Hong Kong to be given professional recognition in compliance).
- New electives are introduced to enhance the skill sets and employability of our graduates in ‘Hong Kong and International Taxation’, ‘Commercial and Company Law’, ‘Financial Technology’ and ‘Financial Regulations and Compliance’.
- Track records in nurturing future business leaders:
- Two students in this programme have been awarded CPA Australia Young Leaders (student ambassador) Award for 2018;
- Two other students in this programme have been awarded GRCI Compliance Young Achievement Award for 2018;
- Young Talent Scholarships have been introduced since the 2018-19 intake to nurture a new generation of leaders in accounting and finance.
- Some of our students have internships with international accounting firms and financial services companies.
- The learning experience has been rated highly by our past and present students.
- The programme also provides flexibility with the options of completing the degree in one-year full-time mode or one-and-a-half-year part-time mode.
Janet Kwan, MA, FCCA, CPA, ACIS
Programme Director, Master of Science in Applied Accounting and Finance,
Senior Lecturer, Department of Accountancy and Law,
Hong Kong Baptist University