1. I don't have a business undergraduate degree. Does this prevent me from admission to your MScCGC Programme?

    No, it won’t. We welcome applicants in all disciplines. Professional qualifications such as ACCA, HKICPA, or CFA are considered to be bachelor equivalent.

  2. Who can I invite to be my referees?

    A referee should be a respected person who knows you well and is able to comment on your characteristics and suitability for the program. For example, a manager or supervisor from your work, a course instructor or professor from the institute you previously studied, or a respected professional acquaintance that you know.

  3. Is there any financial assistance offered to students?

    Local full-time and part-time students are eligible to apply for the Extended Non-means Tested Loan Cheme (ENLS).

    For details please visit the web site of the Scholarships & Financial Aid

  4. If I am offered a place in the MScCGC Programme, can I apply for transfer of unit or course exemption?

    Students may apply for transfer of units or course exemption from up to two core courses in the curriculum limited to Interpreting Financial and Accounting Information, Strategic Management and Taxation. Transfer of units may be granted to students if they have previously taken relevant and comparable course(s) from a recognised institution no more than eight years before the date of commencement of their studies at the University. Application from students who possess membership of professional accountancy bodies will also be considered. All application will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The University reserves the right to refuse to grant units for courses which are not deemed to be equivalent to the University courses and for courses with grades below the equivalence of grade “B-” in the University grading system.

  5. Do I need to pay the tuition fees for the exempted courses?

    Since the MScCGC Programme is operating on a programme-based system, students are required to pay the tuition fees of all the required courses even transfer of units (exemptions) are granted for any of these courses. Students are welcome to sit in the classes of the exempted courses to refresh their knowledge.

  6. What is the tuition fee and when does it need to be paid?

    The tuition fee for the whole program is HKD$217,350 for 2024-25 intake.

    Installment Payment Due Date Part-time (HK$) Full-time (HK$)
    First Upon confimation of admission offer. 43,470 72,450
    Second Before the commencement of the second trimester in Year-one, usually around mid-November. 43,470 72,450
    Third Before the commencement of the third trimester in Year-one, usually around late February. 43,470 72,450
    Fourth Within the first few days of the first trimester in Year-two, usually in early September. 43,470 N/A
    Fifth Before the commencement of the second trimester in Year-two, usually around mid-November. 43,470 N/A
      Total 217,350 217,350

Additional FAQs pertaining to non-local applicants/graduates:

  1. What kind of visa/entry permit do I need for studying in Hong Kong?

    All non-local students must obtain a Student Visa or Entry Permit issued by the Director of Immigration for entering Hong Kong for the purpose of education. For details, please visit Immigration Department website. Our Graduate School will contact successful non-local applicants to apply for a Student Visa when the offer is made.

  2. I graduated from a recognized University in Mainland China, and noted that I need to submit score of IELTS or TOEFL for meeting the English Language Proficiency requirement of the MScCGC Programme. May I know the minimum requirement of these tests?

    If English was not the medium of instruction for undergraduate studies, applicants are required to provide evidence of good English of proficiency: a minimum TOEFL score of 79 (Internet-based), IELTS (Academic) Overall Band score of 6.5 or an equivalent score on a comparable test.

  3. I am a non-local student, can I get a bed place in your on-campus hostel?

    On-campus accommodation cannot be provided to students taking Taught programmes due to current shortage in on-campus hostel places. Students may choose to seek suitable accommodations on their own or through property agents. Our University also provides off-campus hostels for post-graduate students, subject to availability. For details please visit the web site of our office of Student Affairs.

  4. Can non-local students stay and work in Hong Kong after graduated?

    According to ”Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates" (IANG), non-local recent graduates who wish to apply to stay and work in the HKSAR are not required to have secured an offer of employment upon application. They may be granted 24 months' stay on time limitation only without other conditions of stay provided that normal immigration requirements are met. Those who intend to apply to stay and work in the HKSAR but have not yet secured graduation results may apply for extension of stay to wait for the promulgation of results. Non-local recent graduates who have not yet obtained their graduation certificate could apply to stay and work by producing proof from the institution confirming that they have graduated. For details please visit Immigration Department website.