The Master of Science in Global Marketing Management (MScGMM) is a joint award taught postgraduate programme offered by the Department of Marketing, Hong Kong Baptist University in Hong Kong and the Management School of the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom on a one-year full-time study basis.
The programme is designed for relatively recent graduates in any discipline with interest in working in the marketing function for multinational organizations. It will also benefit those in general and line management, who seek a thorough education in the theories and practice of global marketing management. Applicants from all countries will be considered.
The thoughtfully designed curriculum embraces a global view with case studies embedded in courses and the dissertation addressing the principles and practices of international marketing management. More importantly, by having students spend the first semester in the UK and the second semester in Hong Kong, the programme utilizes the synergies of having two partnering institutions located in different regions of the world – bringing global exposure to students.
By spending the first semester in the UK and the second semester in Hong Kong, students can experience firsthand the east and the west in one single year through global exposure.
Hong Kong’s first joint Master’s degree in Global Marketing Management, leading to a single master degree to be issued jointly by Hong Kong Baptist University and the University of Sheffield.
- To provide students with the knowledge and skills appropriate to commence an international career associated with marketing management.
- To develop students’ understanding of marketing theories and practices associated with global organisations in order to enable them to identify and critically evaluate the strategies adopted in meeting the challenges imposed by changing social, political and economic environments.
- To develop students’ understanding of the impact of contextual forces acting on businesses in the marketing discipline.
- To develop students’ understanding of and ability to conduct rigorous international related market research through independent study, leading to the submission of a dissertation.
- To provide students with a unique international opportunity to experience high quality learning and teaching that are delivered across two research-led universities i.e., University of Sheffield and HKBU, where they will interact with faculty and students from different cultures.
|Programme:||Global Marketing Management|
|Degree Awarded:||Master of Science|
|Degree Type:||Taught Master, Joint Award|
|Year of Entry:||2021|
|Programme Duration:||12 months [Full-time]|
|Admission Requirements:||A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with good grade average (a second class honours degree, upper division or an approved professional qualification) from a recognized university or comparable institution|
|Application Procedures:||Interested applicants please visit the Sheffield's website|
|FACULTY:||School of Business|
Exempted Course at Non-local Courses Registry, Education Bureau (Reference number: 452359/452445). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.